Monday, April 12, 2010

Thank you!

Yesterday, I arrived at Doug and Geralyn's thinking we were there to work on a document that we had started on Friday night. I showed up in my t-shirt and jeans having just gotten up from a wonderful rest on our front porch swing (might I add, Kylie and Brooke had just left my side with newborn kittens in hand and lots of chatter what seemed just seconds before and I finally had drifted off to sleep when Jeff came out to inform me it was time to go). I seriously had no clue what was going on when people came out of the house saying "surprise!!!". Part of it was the daze I was still in from my rest and part of it was having no idea what we could be celebrating.
I must say, I never expected the gathering of people waiting inside for me to arrive. I can't even put into words what this party meant to me. I enjoyed seeing so many people, some of which, I rarely see. The fact that so many of you came to support us just by being there...means so much to both Jeff and I. You came with words of encouragement, prayers, thoughts written for us to read over and over as we make this transition, the gifts...the generosity!
This verse comes to mind:
Romans 12:6-8 "In His grace, God has given us different gifts for doing certain things well. So if God has given you the ability to prophesy, speak out with as much faith as God has given you. If your gift is serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, teach well. If your gift is to encourage others, be encouraging. If it is giving, give generously. If God has given you leadership ability, take the responsibility seriously. And if you have the gift for showing kindness to others, do it gladly."
It has been so exciting to see God using many people in such various ways.
The vision God has given us in running this guest house is going to become reality because so many people here are involved. I am more than excited to travel to Haiti with all that was graciously given and get everything ready for use. Thank you so much!
I know that as we go about our lives in Haiti and serve teams, it will feel a bit as if you are there with us as we use each dish, make each bed, and fold each numbered towel! (of course I expect that some of you will be there) As I sit on my red chair (with coffee in hand), I will be reminded of the love and support here.
Your efforts have lifted me, have encouraged me, and I am truly blessed to be serving with your support!

Thank you Mary Ann and Ger (and party team) for all of your hard work, the food was fantastic!

With gratitude,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment