Sunday, March 11, 2012

Nadege

I haven't written on the blog about it because I can't even make sense of it. I haven’t been able to journal about it either which is sometimes how I process difficult things, like if I put it on paper, it’s more real…avoid is easier. Nadege is sick and the prognosis isn't good, she could have difficulties for a long time, it will be long and drawn out. She has muscle deterioration from possibly a slipped disc and years of a pinched nerve. Something so easy to fix with surgery in the states. The problem doesn’t stop with the pinched nerve; she now has limited mobility in her leg. It is affected her bladder and she is experiencing difficulties from it and it will most likely continue to deteriorate down through the rest of the lower half of her body. Nadege’s 15 year old son, Ricardo, is a big help to her in taking care of things around the house and in watching over little Jenny. So, my struggle is; what is to become of them as Nadege’s condition worsens? What kind of help and care will Nadege have? Who is going to care for Jenny? Ricardo doesn’t go to school but should. What 15 year old living in poverty with nothing to do most of the day is going to head down a good path?


These stories go on and on. There are so many people struggling in so many different ways. Food is easy. Education is easy. It’s easy to send money to support the two. But, after having walked with a family for almost a year and a half then realizing there is nothing tangible or easy about their situation, all I can do is be like Moses. Despite my insecurities, my shortcoming, my questions all I can do is offer myself as Moses did. Pray for her, for them and walk with the Holy Spirit as he guides me into and through this with them.

The crazy and surprising part of the whole situation is Nadege’s spirit in it all. She continues to love and praise God. She continues to smile and to be completely loving. Please lift this family up in prayer. She just needs people to walk this journey with her.

1 comment:

  1. It is when you feel helpless in the world that God comes tru. He will be there with you and Nadege.

    ReplyDelete