Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Today's reminder

Some days, in fact many days we as parents question what we are doing in taking our kids to Haiti.  Education isn't what I think it should be.  They don't have extracurricular activities.  Their health is sometimes at stake.  Their safety is sometimes at stake.  They are socially isolated, in fact, they don't have friends.  Today was one of those days... but as God promised when we were making the decision to go to Haiti, he knows what is best and what is important for this time.   He used Kylie to remind me today.


Bible class assignment:   Write about an experience you had and how God helped you

     God helped me understand who he is and what he does when I moved to Haiti.  It’s been such an experience to connect with everyone and learn their language and culture.  These people each have amazing talents and I know I could never do them.  And I’m so glad I got to have such amazing experiences and memories.  And now people from America too can not only see it but, meet God as well as I have.

     We have been going to an amazing tent city and it is amazing how they can help each other with some of their conditions and their faith is just unbelievable.  I’ve never been to a place that is so open and the hope that is there is out of control.  We have been building houses, a church and school, and medical center. 
     We also help with an orphanage and there are kids from four to twenty-two years old.  The kids are so much fun.  There are both boys and girls.  They each have an outstanding story about their life.  This experience has been amazing for me.  

      ~Kylie Denlinger age 10

No comments:

Post a Comment