Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Visiting Suzette

     Since last April visiting Suzette has been very different.  Different in a good way because she has not had the physical suffering that she had dealt with for so long.  Lately I've been showing up to check on her two new grand babies (one of which lives with her).
     Her little grand daughter, Naika is just a precious little 5 month old chub with lots of smiles.  The reason she lives with Suzette is that her mommy is only 15 years old still going to school.  Just a child herself, she has this great responsibility at home.
     The last visit I made to Suzette just 19 days ago, she complained of a pain in her side that started when she was working outside.  She was simply cleaning up some garbage.  We assumed that she pulled a muscle.
    Today when I arrived at her home though, I found out there is much more.  I could see before I even entered her home that she was back on that same mat on the floor that represents cancer, pain, suffering, and grace all at the same time.  The pain has continued and in fact worsened and spread.  She now has a lump on her hip.
I told her it was ok to take the pain meds she had left over from last winter.
I prayed.   The three ladies with me prayed.  I'm no doctor, I have no diagnosis, but The Great Physican was there.
I committed to praying for her every day.
Will you please join me?

3 comments:

  1. We will be praying!! I think of her often and wonder how she is doing. Thanks for the update.
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will continue to pray for Suzette and her family during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have thought of her often and even tried to find her last time I was there. I quickly found that was a joke. I am so glad she was doing better and hope that this current pain will be quick and she will be able to return to her pain free state.

    ReplyDelete