Thursday, February 21, 2013

A big day for Suzette


Sometimes when we’ve had a few trying days and we feel as if we understand nothing about the Haitian culture, we say to each other “what are we doing here?” and “are we even making a difference?”  Sometimes we feel as if we are spinning wheels. 
For me, there seems to be two sides to the ministry happening in Haiti; the ministry to the Haitians and the ministry to those coming to serve.  We’ve said this over and over again; how people have been changed.  What I am starting to see now more than ever is that God quite possibly brought our family to Haiti to change us, the five of us.  I am seeing how our faith has grown so much, how our children’s faith has developed and how close we have become as a family.  I’m not convinced we were open enough to God doing this in us in the states.  So we are part of the group “those coming to serve whose lives have been changed”

The Haitian side of the ministry is where so many questions lie.  Are we making a lasting difference?  Are we changing lives here?  Not just circumstances, but lives.
It’s not everyday I believe we are, but after my last visit to Suzette on Monday, I believe it again. 
It’s been over three years since Suzette was “diagnosed” with Uterine Cancer.  I say “Diagnosed” because the diagnosis was made simply from an ultrasound.  It’s been over two years since I met her and began praying with her and for her for healing.  After bringing multiple medical people to evaluate her the best they could without fancy equipment and trusting the diagnosis given, we felt as though all we could do is pray and offer pain relief.  When another lump appeared in January and extreme pain returned, I began to feel there was something more we needed to seek out.

Monday, I shared details of Suzette’s pain, timeline, other symptoms etc with a doctor and nurse that were here and they began to question the diagnosis.  After a quick visit and evaluation, their questions were even greater…”could this be something other than cancer?” 
The only way to know for sure is for Suzette to have a complete exam and biopsy done.  It turns out a doctor I met through Kim who is serving in Haiti can get us into a good Hospital THIS FRIDAY just days before she leaves for the states.  All we need is to get in the door and she can help us do that.  Just two weeks ago, a visitor brought two donations from people in the states that we will use to get the initial exams done.  If more money is needed, I have no doubt God will provide it.  I don’t believe in coincidences.  I believe in a God who can knit very delicate details together using multiple people without them even realizing it to make a difference in one of His followers, in turn, making a difference in His Kingdom.

After setting up details of our hospital trip with Suzette, I turned to go and she stopped me to tell me that GOD brought AWAKENHAITI to her and for that she is so grateful.  I’m humbled once again that God has allowed me to be part of HIS great ministry here in transforming lives!
Please pray for us tomorrow.  For God to lead us through the day opening the right doors for the right people and exams to be done.  Please pray for strength for Suzette. Tomorrow is a big day! 

1 comment:

  1. hey there and thank you for your info – I've certainly picked up anything new from right here. I did however expertise several technical issues using this web site, as I experienced to reload the web site lots of times previous to I could get it to load correctly. I had been wondering if your web host is OK? Not that I am complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will very frequently affect your placement in google and could damage your high-quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords. Well I am adding this RSS to my email and could look out for a lot more of your respective exciting content. Ensure that you update this again very soon.

    Look into my blog post - how to instal wordpress

    ReplyDelete