Friday, October 23, 2009

My First Post

I guess it's time for me to post something on our new blog. As I have been thinking of something clever and inspiring to share with everyone, I quickly found out that I'm not that clever or inspiring. So I guess I'll just share with you some of my thoughts and reflections ever since I came back from Haiti last week.

Most of my thoughts can be summed up with one word, "Gratitude" and I feel this is a great opportunity for me to express some overdue Thank Yous.

Thank you to the 14 people that joined Deb and I on this last trip to Haiti. You all gave your time, money, heart, and a part of yourselves to the people of Haiti. You all were a true reflection of Christ's love and compassion.

Thank you to Steve and Justin for putting together a great video of our ministry for missions Sunday at Church. Awareness = Change.

Thank you to Doug and Randie for all your support, friendship, and understanding through this time of transition. Plus all the work on the new brochure for the Ministry and excepting the role as the "Director of Trips". Friends can be partners!!!

Thank you to Tony and Cindy, you have seen the vision and encouraged us to strive forward. I can only smile when I think of your future in missions.

Thank you to Doug and Ger. Bro you are my rock, my supporter, and now my partner in this mission that God has laid before us. "Time to rock and role" as you would put it.

Thank you to all the sponsors of Good Samaritan. By you saying "yes" you are providing hope and changing the future for 31 very special lives.

Thank you to Pat and Jess. You are both the definition of friendship. You've believed in us, supported us, journeyed with us, and have just been there for us. Thanksgiving at the beach, Best Ever!!! (sorry Mom)

Thank you to Matt and Marv and making me aware and allowing us to join the fight.

Thank you to Pastor Nathan for allowing me or better put forcing me to share my heart with his congregation in Haiti.

Thank you to the little girl that asked Jesus into her heart during that service.

Thank you to my parents. I am who I am not because of your words but because of your example.

Thank you Colton, Kylie, and Brooke. You are my smile and my joy. I love you all unconditionally.

Thank you to my wife and partner in life. You have always been there for me, loved me, forgiven me, and had faith in me. I can't imagine taking this journey with anyone else. Mwen renmen ou!!!

Finally Thank you Jesus. Without you in my life I am nothing.......

1 comment:

  1. Your words...your story...your transformation...your transparency with what God is doing in and through you...all of those things are inspiring. Keep on sharing, Jeff. We so appreciate hearing where you are on this journey.

    In Him,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete