Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Team May

In July of 2009, at an over-crowded, unsanitary orphanage God spoke to me about the need to provide medical care for children in Haiti. I've come to realize when something completely breaks my heart, it's God breaking my heart for what breaks his and this was one of those times. Even though I don't have any medical training what so ever, I began to have a vision for medical teams coming to provide care.
In the fall of 2010, we decided we would have our first clinic run in May of the following year. Not knowing at the time how that was going to happen with no medical personnel here in Haiti, we decided to do it because we knew God was asking us and the rest was up to Him.
Thankfully God sent Vanessa to us to in February of this year to really get planning and set up under way. She will be here for a year running two medical teams and doing some medical followups in between.
So here we are, May 2011 doing our first medical clinic with Team May. Today they spent the day in Canaan doing some educational classes on hygiene/disease prevention. It was an awesome day for the team, for the haitians and for AWAKENHAITI!

Job well done Team May!

1 comment: