Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Saying Goodbye


     What a whirlwind of a couple of weeks.  I wanted to get on here and write before the girls and I flew back to PA, however, schedule, illness, teams, and packing kept getting in the way.  Not to mention the emotions I was trying to sift through.  I don't think I could have put into words what I was thinking or feeling over the last few weeks.  There was an underlying sense of peace through all of the sadness, heartache, excitement, questions, and unknown.  There were many moments of "this is the last time...". While there were lasts, there is also the yet to come.  One thing that makes this transition easier is the knowledge that I'm not really saying goodbye, just see ya later.  While there will be more time between visits with special people, there is a future to what this ministry is.  And there is great peace in that!
     It was hard to say goodbye to the kids at Good Sam, but I know I'll see them in a few short months. It was hard to say goodbye to our Haitian staff, God has gifted us with such wonderful people, but I will see them in a few short months too.  Perhaps the hardest goodbye was Suzette.  I will write about our time together very soon.  It is one of my most treasured times in Haiti.
     The kids and I are in our new home.  We have rented a nice home in a new neighborhood where the kids will have lots of other kids around and tons of space to ride bikes.  What a huge blessing!
They will have the summer to settle in and transition before they begin the next endeavor; public school!

    Jeff is still in Haiti leading another 4 teams, selling our furniture, packing the rest of our things to send back to PA, and moving the guest house to a new location.  He has a lot on his shoulders without his family there.  Please pray for strength, endurance, and peace as he finishes this phase of our journey.    Please pray for our family as we are apart and as we anticipate Jeff joining us in PA.

thank you and blessings!!

1 comment: