Saturday, June 11, 2011

There is Always Enough

Today we welcomed Team June to Haiti. This group is made up of a few that have been to Haiti before, but the part of the group that have not been here are so fired up to be here, to just serve in whatever capacity is needed. That's a very cool thing. Some come with their own agenda whether it is for the good of the Haitians and the organization or not. But we see God confirming the very reasons we are here by the people that have been coming. When you are open to what ever God has in store and are open to hearing Him speak BIG things happen.


I have been reading a book called "There is Always Enough" that a sweet friend gave me. Story after story of how God has always provided, there has always been enough in a ministry among the poor in Africa. I know without a doubt God has brought us here for a purpose. He has given AWAKENHAITI a specific vision, but for the last few months, I have been searching and seeking God's guidance to really figure out what my role and what Jeff's role should specifically be independent of each other and what role others should fill. As I read through the end of the book, God reminded me of what our process was to get here and what it should still be in moving forward. I don't think I would do it justice to try to sum it up so I'm just going to quote what Rolland and Heidi Baker have to say beginning with them speaking to visitors coming to help them about how they can help...

"You can spend a few weeks of your life to get a glimpse of how much of the world lives and let your heart break. But more deeply, in order for you to be useful to the Master here or anywhere - you must be close to Him and in love with Him. To the degree that you are intimate with him, you will know what to do, what you must do. Jesus says drastic things in Scripture, such as"

"You still lack on thing, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." Luke 18:22

"We need to know what He is telling each of us specifically. Do you want to love Him and be blessed by His presence? Here in Africa (or Haiti). He is all around us. He is poor, sick, naked, and hungry. And as we get intimate with Him, we find ourselves taking care of Him and He will say on that great day"

"Come you who are blessed by my father; take yor inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me." Matthew 25:34-36

"We preach the word, we bring the gifts of the Spirit, we celebrate and worship, we press on toward eternal life fishing for the souls of people everywhere, but Jesus can tell if we love Him. Will we even bring Him just a cup of cold water when He is thirsty?"

-Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment