Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Beyond Mountains are Mountains

On Team July I, we had a very talented young man. As a high school student, he plays several instruments, plays in a band and writes songs. Upon returning from his trip to Haiti, his way of processing all he had seen and learned was pouring his heart out into a song. Below are the lyrics and the song Tim is now singing.



Lyrics:
I come a broken man, to a rich and wealthy land
full of lost and hungry people, and you meet me here
your face shown in their eyes, for them my soul cries,
but Lord when we leave, will home recognize me

Through their hungry smile and their abandoned eyes,
and their desperate kiss, oh Lord why?
We've gone so wrong, Lead me

My worlds no longer mine, its lost in all these signs
but oh Ill stay strong, until you meet me here
every time i take a bite, how I think of their hungry nights
so dive into my heart and keep this world apart

So ill stand strong in you, to be the body that moves,
and Ill stand strong in you lead me.
http://soundcloud.com/timehrhart/beyond-mountains-are-mountains

No comments:

Post a Comment