Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Yeah, I love God's sense of humor. After my last statement in my last blog entry of me "letting Haiti be Haiti", we lost power...complete power with a team of 14 + 3 translators + our family of 7. When I say we lost power, I don't mean just no electricity. As I have previously mentioned, when we have no power, we can't pump water into our water tanks so eventually running water will be no more. I mean no fans at night = heat and mosquitos. I mean coffee for 20ish people done in our camping perculator (thanks MOM and DAD D). No power also = grumpy husband. Yeah, God's got a sense of humor.


Any way, Team July I actually got to experience some of this and they just rolled with it, which I love! Everyone showered by flashlight. The guys bucket showered. So, we couldn't live in our normal comfortable way, I don't think anyone would say they suffered anything.
Sunday, we took a tour of PAP. One change I have noticed over the past 2 months, the Presidential Palace is being torn down. From the very top all being carried away. I am hopeful and I think our Haitian friends would say this is representative of a new start of government for the Haitian people.

Team July I did a children's program Monday with a bible story, playdoh time, games, and hygiene education. All were great and we so appreciate. This team is a piece of the puzzle in AWAKENHAITI'S long term ministry both in Canaan and Good Samaritan Orphanage. Canaan is a lot to take in. It can feel overwhelming, but we do what we can where we know God has called us to focus.
We are looking forward to another day of time with the children in Canaan. We hope today encourages the families there and that they will see God through activities today!

No comments:

Post a Comment