Sunday, January 17, 2010

Reason enough to praise

Today, as I entered the auditorium at church and music began to play, the words moved in me in a very different way. One of the songs we did was called "You'll Come". The words resonated with in me..."spirit rain, let your mercy fall as you respond to us. Spirit Rain, flood into our thirsty hearts again." I was not asking God to fill me, but to fill our friends in Haiti. My prayer was that our friends in Haiti would feel God's presence today and find reason to praise.

How is it the Haitians can be thankful for anything right now? How do they find reason to praise? How do they look to God and say "I know you love me"?
We know many lives were saved. Is life alone enough? Their homes are either destroyed, unsafe, or can't be entered until tested. All of their possessions are gone. For many, they have no money or source of income. For most, food and water are hard to come by even if there is some money.

Is there hope for today? Is there reason to praise God?

I say yes.

In the past, I have seen the faith of the Christians in Haiti. I have witnessed people who have nothing in our eyes raise their hands praising God. We have Haitian friends who didn't know how they would eat or feed their kids, but trusted completely in God to take care of them, so they praised Him.

I know that today, there is hope. Hope that whatever the circumstances, God's spirit is felt in a very real way in Haiti.

I know that some of our Haitian friends were worshipping in whatever way they could today because their faith is in the living God, rather than in material possessions.

Reason enough to praise.

~Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment